1/2 Photos of Blue Ribbon Tuna Casserole
My mom won a blue ribbon at a cooking contest for this casserole back when I was a little girl. It was a regular at our house and each time we had it, she told us again about her blue ribbon. It definitely tasted like a winner. (Mama added juice from one can of tuna to casserole and drained the other down the sink.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk (can use regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, one drained
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1Cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2In same pot, melt butter and sauté celery and onions until tender.
- 3Combine all ingredients in large casserole, except for potato chips and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 5Put cheese on top, then sprinkle top with potato chips.
- 6Return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.
- 7Eat with crusty bread. Yum.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ribbon Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 968.7
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 170.3 mg
- Sodium 1294.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 49.9 g