Recipe by BamaKathy
My mom won a blue ribbon at a cooking contest for this casserole back when I was a little girl. It was a regular at our house and each time we had it, she told us again about her blue ribbon. It definitely tasted like a winner. (Mama added juice from one can of tuna to casserole and drained the other down the sink.)
Top Review by lisalouk01
My boyfriend makes this for us and company all the time and it is always hit (we never have leftovers) He doesn't use the full 2 1/2 cups of cheese and he found that the potato chips add a little crunch but the dish is just as good when he leaves them out.
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk (can use regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, one drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup crushed potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In same pot, melt butter and sauté celery and onions until tender.
- Combine all ingredients in large casserole, except for potato chips and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Put cheese on top, then sprinkle top with potato chips.
- Return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.
- Eat with crusty bread. Yum.