1/3 Photos of Blue Ribbon Tater-Tot Casserole
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
My mom found this "contest winning recipe" in the local newspaper in the '70's and I've enjoyed this recipe since. It's very comforting and kid-friendly the way the fried onions blend with the creamy filling. It's something I make for the flavor and not because it is so easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, freshly steamed
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can durkee French fried onion rings (or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- seasoned pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen potato slices or 1 (24 ounce) bag tater tots
- 1Line an 8x12-inch casserole (or two smaller Corning Ware casseroles), or 7x11-inch pan with the potato rounds, on the bottom and sides (I use a little more ingredients, doubling the soup and make a heaping 9x13-inch).
- 2Bake 10 minutes at 400°F.
- 3Brown beef.
- 4Add broccoli, tomatoes, HALF the onion rings, and add to the cooked ground beef and spread on top of cooked tater tots.
- 5Mix soup, milk, half the cheese and seasonings and pour over beef mixture.
- 6Fill casserole dish and bake covered (or it will dry out) at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove cover and add rest of cheese and dried onions.
- 8Let rest couple minutes for the cheese to melt.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ribbon Tater-Tot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 604.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French fried onion rings