Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's your chance to try a first-rate barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Heat oil in Medium (3-qt.) Saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion.
- Cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer,covered, 10 minutes.
- Using Barbecue Basting Brush, brush barbecue sauce on food during the last 10 - 15 minutes of grilling to prevent burning.
- When getting ready to grill, portion out just the amount of sauce you need for brushing on your meat, this way the barbecue basting brush used on uncooked meat will not be in contact with the sauce being passed at the table.
- Refrigerate unused sauce, covered, up to 2 weeks.