Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Rich, buttery sugar cookies that melt in your mouth. This recipe is from a cookbook called "Country Fair Cookbook" in which all recipes are blue ribbon winners.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beting well after each addition. Blend in the oil and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; mix well. Chill dough in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Shape dough in balls the size of a walnut. Place balls about 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in 350 oven 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheets: cool on racks. Makes 7 dozen.