Recipe by Sharon123
A nice, creamy potato salad that will go well at any barbeque! From Country Living magazine.
Top Review by threeovens
This recipe came out just as I would hope for in a potato salad. I do love potato salad and make it all sorts of ways! This one is certainly a keeper. I did not have any fresh tarragon, sadly, since it was lost in a hurricane; but I digress. I did use homemade tarragon vinegar, which happily tasted great! I really love that the trick of using oil and vinegar so that less mayo is necessary to get that creamy consistency we all know and love. Thanks for posting.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup about 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and grated
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes:.
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook potatoes until easily pierced with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
- Assemble the salad:.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Pour olive-oil mixture over warm potatoes. Stir in celery, sweet and green onions, and pickle relish. Fold in eggs and mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.