Recipe by Pastryismybiz
Melt in your mouth crispy tender crumb cookie. Minnesota State Fair cookie entry blue ribbon winner. Exceptional!
Top Review by joanna_giselle
These were very nice cookies but I also got about 24 medium sized cookies rather than 36. I also added chocolate chips to half of the dough and they were much nicer as peanut butter choc chip cookies. Surprisingly my hubby enjoyed them more than the kids!
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat shortening, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until incorporated.
- Sift together in separate bowl the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir with whip until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll in balls about the size of golf balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten, criss-cross fashion with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave cookies on cookie sheet exactly 1 minute before transferring to rack to cool completely.