1/2 Photos of Blue Ribbon Peanut Butter Cookies
1 Cookin' Texan 1954's Note:
I used this recipe when I won a Blue Ribbon at the South Plains Fair in Lubbock, Texas in 1981. It came from a cookbook my mother received as a Wedding gift in 1952. I don't know the name of the Cookbook and the only copy of the recipe I have is hand written by my mother which is priceless to me. A batch of these cookies was the only thing my father in-law wanted from me for his birthday, Father's day and Christmas. I hope you enjoy them. The real trick to them is not to over cook them (it will make them to crunchy) or under cook them ( it will make them to soft), you want a balance between the two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine (I always use butter)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (use to roll cookie balls in)
- 1Cream butter, peanut butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla.
- 2Sift together all the dry ingredients; blend into creamed mixture.
- 3Shape in 1 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
- 4Place 2 inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- 5Press balls with a fork making a crisscross on top or press a peanut half into the top of the balls.
- 6Bake at 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 7Cool slightly; remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ribbon Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (766 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.6
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 758.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 79.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g