Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 35 mins
My mom's recipe
Make and share this Blue Ribbon Lemon Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Make crust first.
- In a large bowl, add in your 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, melted butter, mix with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Press mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan, poke crust with fork all over so crust doesn't bubble up.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden. Be sure to make sure crust doesn't turn brown.
- Take crust out and let rest 10 minutes.
- Leave oven on. While crust is resting make filling.
- In a large mixing bowl beat on low eggs, 1/4 cup flour, lemon juice, lemon rind, baking powder, salt, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour filling mixture over crust and bake 60 minutes. When done take out of oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup of powdered sugar over while warm.
- Chill bars at least 1 1/2 hours before eating.