Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From "Taste of Home," the blurb accompanying this recipe read: 'This zippy and versatile jam was a blue-ribbon winner at our county fair. I mix it with applesauce as a condiment for pork, with cranberry sauce for poultry and with cream cheese as a spread on celery sticks. It's a beautiful color...and in "hot" demand as a gift item!' -Janet Eckhoff, Woodland California
- Pit and chop apricots; place in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in lemon juice.
- Place habaneros in a blender; add a small amount of apricot mixture. Cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Quickly stir in sugar. Return to a full rolling boil; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in headspace. Adjust caps.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
- For best results, let processed jam stand at room temperature for 2 weeks to set up.
- Makes 11 half-pints.
This jam came out beautifully! Set to a soft jam and spreads well. The flavor is unbelieveable I took it too market and sold out! Had to make more for this week!