From "Taste of Home," the blurb accompanying this recipe read: 'This zippy and versatile jam was a blue-ribbon winner at our county fair. I mix it with applesauce as a condiment for pork, with cranberry sauce for poultry and with cream cheese as a spread on celery sticks. It's a beautiful color...and in "hot" demand as a gift item!' -Janet Eckhoff, Woodland California
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pit and chop apricots; place in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in lemon juice.
- 2Place habaneros in a blender; add a small amount of apricot mixture. Cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan.
- 3Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil.
- 4Quickly stir in sugar. Return to a full rolling boil; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in headspace. Adjust caps.
- 6Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
- 7For best results, let processed jam stand at room temperature for 2 weeks to set up.
- 8Makes 11 half-pints.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ribbon Habanero Apricot Jam
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 176
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g