1/1 Photo of Blue Ribbon Egg Salad
1 hr 40 mins
Bone Man's Note:
Pat yourselves on the back, Recipe*zaarites! I took all your best egg salad ideas and came up with this recipe which is certain to win me a big Blue Ribbon at the County Fair! Full flavor and slightly sweet with no sugar added and nice eye appeal. (No doubt, there is sugar in the relish). A great brunch idea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large eggs, boiled
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow sweet onions, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Halve the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Chop the whites (set them aside) and, in a medium mixing bowl, mash up the yolks separately.
- 2To the finely mashed yolks, add all the ingredients, (except for the chopped whites) saving the mayonnaise for last. Stir as you add each tablespoon of mayonnaise to make sure the mix is not getting too thin. Use only the amount that you need.
- 3Add the chopped whites to the mix and fold them in carefully.
- 4Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving on your favorite buns with some leaf lettuce.
- 5I will note that I prefer using Heinz mustard in this recipe but any brand or regular yellow mustard will do. The "cooking" time refers to refrigeration.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ribbon Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 170.7 mg
- Sodium 157.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix