Another pie recipe that won first place in a contest. This is my father and brothers' first choice in a pie at the holidays. It's so good, you'll find yourself getting up in the middle of the night to sneak another piece!
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cranberries, lemon juice and blueberries.
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer until cranberries pop and mixture is very thick.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Place one pie crust in bottom of pie plate.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Top with 2nd crust (I like to make a lattice top.).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. (Place foil or cookie sheet on lowest rack during baking to guard against spilling.).
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foil if it's getting too brown.
- Cool 2-3 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you'd like.
I made two different blueberry-cranberry pie for Canada Day, today, cause you just can't have too much pie. And that was true. Both are gone. This one's delicious. I did take pattikay's advice and added a tiny bit of spice (I love a touch of cinnamon with blueberries). Thanks!
This was absolutely amazing! I actually was using up a bag of frozen blueberries, so I was a bit short and made it up with some fresh cut apples just picked last night from the orchard. Absolutely to DIE for! A "keeper" for sure! Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe! XO LA :-)
FANTASTIC! We loved this pie! The cranberries gave a nice tartness to the sweet blueberries. This is a real winner. I had to go to three stores to find the cranberries as they are not in season, I used frozen.