1/2 Photos of Blue-Ribbon Coffee Cake Farmhouse Style in the Midwest!
Lots of streusel filling makes cutting a bit messy, but that will be of little consequence once you've had your first bite! This tastes great upon first baking and even BETTER the next day, plan ahead, then. Use a buttered rubber spatula for spreading the batter, as it is quite sticky (get your fingers into the action, too!). Clipped this one from Midwest Living's August '09 issue--I think that means it's been properly aged, and now ready for filing here on Zaar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray, for dusting
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Dry Cake Ingredients
Wet Cake Ingredients
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Spray (or grease & flour) a 10-inch fluted (Bundt) pan; set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, mix Streusel Ingredients; set aside.
- 3In medium bowl, mix Dry Cake Ingredients; set aside.
- 4In large bowl, stir together Wet Cake Ingredients EXCEPT sour cream; add dry ingredients, stir just until moistened, then add sour cream and stir until smooth.
- 5Spoon ONE THIRD of batter into prepped pan, spread evenly. Sprinkle ONE THIRD of streusel over this. Repeat with remaining batter and streusel; use a buttered spatula to assist with the spreading.
- 6Bake for 45-50 minutes (wooden pick comes out clean).
- 7Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto serving plate.
- 8Serve warm . . . . but leave some for the next day (it improves with aging at room temp (covered).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue-Ribbon Coffee Cake Farmhouse Style in the Midwest!
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.8
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 379.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g