1 hr 20 mins
Ive made this so often and not only have I made it for family meals, but I've also brought it to various potlucks. It's always well received.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (McCormicks brand preferred)
- to taste of ground hot pepper (hot pepper sauce such as Pastene brand or sciracha)
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 2 lb, cut into strips)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 5 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced into small strips
- 3/4-1 lb linguine
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (or Romano cheese)
- 5 roasted pasilla chiles, peeled, seeded and cut into strips (or Italian banana peppers)
- 3 -4 roasted red peppers, peeled, seeded cut into strips
- fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- 1Season Chicken strips with the Montreal Seasoning mix and ground hot pepper. Let chicken meld flavor by letting it marinade for 30 min – 1 hour. Heat a cast iron griddle grate pan (or use outdoor grill). Grease with Pam or with oil. Once pan is hot place chicken strips in hot pan. Turn chicken strips over to cook evenly. Once chicken strips are just cooked with a little pink in the middle (do not overcook as the chicken will be tough because it's going to cook for a second time).
- 2Remove from pan onto plate to rest a bit. Once chicken has rested for at least 10 min., slice into bite size pieces diagonally; set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté garlic until soft and light brown. Add tomatoes, proscuitto, chicken and butter; sauté for about 5 to 10 minutes. Add basil, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a stockpot, bring salted water to boil and cook linguine until firm, al dente.
- 5Drain pasta and transfer to a bowl, add the chicken/tomato mixture, chilies, roasted peppers, and grated cheese; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with basil and serve. 8 servings.
- 6TO ROAST PEPPERS, place in a greased cookie sheet into a 500 degree oven to char. Once the skin of the peppers is charred and pulling away from the meat of the peppers, remove each pepper from oven with tongs and place immediately in a paper bag or bowl, sealing bag tightly in order for peppers to sweat (if using bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap).
- 7Let peppers sit in sealed bag or bowl for a while (10 – 15 min). Once the skin has wilted away from meat of peppers, remove peppers from bag and peal skin off gently, discarding the skin and slicing the peppers into desirable sized strips.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Ribbon Chicken Pasta With Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 155.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
roasted red peppers