Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
Recipe from Dorothy Trimble, Elma, Wa. Posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Blue Ribbon Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast into lukewarm water.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda, powdered buttermilk, and white sugar.
- Add half the flour mixture to the water and yeast mixture and beat well.
- Beat in melted butter.
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix lightly.
- Turn upside down on a floured board leaving bowl on top to cover.
- Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl and knead until smooth.
- Cover with bowl again and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle.
- Spread cream onto dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar, and chopped nuts.
- Roll up and slice into 1 inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place in pan and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Top with cream cheese or powdered sugar icing.