Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
Recipe from Dorothy Trimble, Elma, Wa. Posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Blue Ribbon Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast into lukewarm water.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda, powdered buttermilk, and white sugar.
- Add half the flour mixture to the water and yeast mixture and beat well.
- Beat in melted butter.
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix lightly.
- Turn upside down on a floured board leaving bowl on top to cover.
- Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl and knead until smooth.
- Cover with bowl again and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle.
- Spread cream onto dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar, and chopped nuts.
- Roll up and slice into 1 inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place in pan and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Top with cream cheese or powdered sugar icing.