Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Mix meat, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Shape the mixture into 12 thin patties, each about 4-inches in diameter. Saute the mushrooms in butter or olive oil, about 4 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese and the blue cheese.
- Top each of 6 patties with the cheese mixture, spreading to within 1/2 inch of the edge; press the mushrooms into the cheese.
- Cover each patty with one of the remaining patties, sealing the edges firmly.
- Broil or grill the patties 4-inches from the heat, turning once, until the desired doneness is reached and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Delicious! :) We pan fried ours. Similar to my own Stuffed Blue Burger - both are great! Thanks, newspapergal!
Absolutely marvelous burger! I knew when I viewed the photos of this burger,I had to try it and to add my comments.... *It would differently get a blue ribbon in a contest*. I did make a few changes and one was adding 1tsp Minced garlic to the meat mixture instead of garlic salt. I don't keep garlic salt handy cause I usually add minced garlic to most of the dishes I use and add salt to my taste,another change was only using 1Tbs blue cheese and adding 2Tbs.cheddar cheese and melt with the cream cheese. With these few changes it still came out GREAT! Simple and easy and very tasty. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Excellent Burger- I pan fried it and had the mushrooms on the side. I added Sun Dried Tomato Pesto as a garnish . Served with tomato, lettuce, sweet onion and Adobo Oven Fries - Wonderful Saturday Night burger. Thanks newspaper gal for adding another great burger to my collection.