I found this recipe on the internet, made a few changes to suit my taste. Very good Burger. Add whatever condiments you want. I like slice raw sweet onion, tomato, lettuce, mustard and pickle on the side. Don't forget to get some good buns and toast one side
- Mix the meat, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt& pepper.
- Shape the meat into 12 thin patties apprx 4 1/2" across.
- Mix the cream cheese& blue cheese.
- Top 6 of the patties with the cheese mixture and spread evenly to within 1/2" of the edges Press the mushroom slices into the cheese mixture.
- Cover each pattie with one of the remaining patties, seal the edges well, don't have any peek holes Fry the patties or BBQ 4" from heat (Iprefer frying them- fry one side on high until well browned flip turn heat to medium low cover with a lid and continue cooking for apprx 12 minutes) If you are BBQing cook one side flip and contiue cooking total time 10-15 minutes.
I made these last night and they were so good. I have made burgers with just blue cheese in the middle, but these were much better. I think the cream cheese makes the blue cheese a tad less strong, but still very good. I also added some garlic salt to the cheese mixture and will again next time I make them because it tasted really good with the blue cheese. I also topped the burgers with swiss cheese, red onion and mayo. Thanks for another great one!
My family and friends love this burger! Great recipe, have request to make this burger a lot. Thanks for the great posting!
Definitely worth waiting for Bergy! The blue cheese and cream cheese 'filling' made these not only a tasty burger but also a moist one. We'll be having these a lot over the Summer, thanks for posting.