Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Coat apple slices with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, spices, flour, cornstarch and salt in a large zip-loc bag.
- Add apples and shake bag until thoroughly coated.
- Immediately, put coated apples into prepared pie crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust.
- Crimp edges to seal and cut vent holes into crust.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Love this pie. Minimal spices so it's a very "fresh", light taste. It calls for so many apples, I wasn't sure they would all fit in the pan but of course it cooked down and was wonderful. Will definitely make this again! Thanks for a great recipe!
This was the first pie I have ever made & it turned out great. Thank you for the great recipe.
I used pie crust Pie Crust - Blue Ribbon. Fast to whip up. I have to say I am no fan of nutmeg, so please use measurements! lol. I even think the sugar amount was right on. Zip-loc bag technique is a clean way to do it. I used Baldwin apples which didn't give off too much juice. Turned out great!