Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very berry light summer pudding cake
Make and share this Blue-Raspberry Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- Put blueberries, raspberries and lemon juice in an 8X8 baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Beat in milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Spread over berries.
- Mix together 1 cup sugar and cornstarch.
- Sprinkle over the batter.
- Pour boiling water over it all, DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until done.
This baked up beautifully! Like Galley Wench, I was a little nervous putting it into the oven, but WOW! It really was wonderful, and pudding cake is a perfect name for it! Thanks so much for posting your recipe, it was really good :)
Wow!!This was a great cake! Very moist and tasty. The only problem was that the cake was a tad bit too sweet. I noticed that another reviewer said to use 1/2 cup sugar with cornstarch. I did do that but was still a little too sweet. I will definitely make this again but maybe use 1/2 cup sugar instead of 3/4 cup in the second step. Thank you so much for posting. Great cake!
yummy ! I used 1 cup of fresh blueberries and 1 cup of frozen raspberries un-thawed. And for the end, I used only half a cup of sugar like Chef Schellies suggested. It was enough sweet like that. Thanks KelBel :)