1/1 Photo of Blue Pineapple Fried Rice
Kitty Z's Note:
This started out as a humble leftover stir-fry, but has taken on a life of its own. If you don't like blue food, replace the red cabbage with a vegetable of your choice. Serves 4 as a side dish, or two for dinner with fried egg on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (240 g) can pineapple in juice (or light syrup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups red cabbage, very finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 125 g button mushrooms, chopped (about 7)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 100 g shrimp, peeled and diced
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving liquid. If necessary, cut pineapple into small chunks.
- 2Heat pineapple liquid in a deep frying pan. Add garlic and onions and cook about 2 minutes.
- 3Put in cabbage and cook about 4 minutes.
- 4Add rice, mixing well, until it had absorbed the blue color from the cabbage.
- 5Stir in mushrooms and spices, cook until mushrooms are softened.
- 6Add pineapple and shrimp, and cook, stirring, until pineapple is warm and shrimp is just cooked.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Pineapple Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 72.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 9.9 g