Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great "wake-up" brunch. Left over potatoes and beef roast are perfect for this hash. The recipe was on a card from the Marlboro Country Cooking recipes.
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (preferably Ancho chili powder)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked potatoes
- 2 cups chopped cold roast beef
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 4 eggs
- butter or bacon grease
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine salsa, orange juice, garlic, sugar, Worcestershire and chili powder in saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Set aside and keep warm Cook bacon in a large frying pan until crisp; remove and crumble; set aside.
- Add chopped onion to 1- 2 Tbsp bacon fat; cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes; cook until browned.
- Ad beef and season to taste; cook, stirring occasionally until browned and crisp.
- add more bacon fat, if needed.
- Pour cream over all and cook until cream is gone and hash has a browned crust on bottom.
- Fry eggs in butter or bacon grease.
- To serve, place cooked egg on top of hash, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cilantro.
- Spoon chili sauce over all.