Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This mousse tastes dramatically of coffee, a tribute not only to the Blue Mountains but to the importance of the bean in Caribbean history and economics. From "Caribbean Cooking" by John DeMers.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Mix coffee and Tia Maria in a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle with gelatin.
- Set aside 5 minutes to soften.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves.
- Add gelatin mixture to egg yolks and cool.
- Beat egg whites until they are stiff but not dry and fold them into mousse.
- Spoon into individual dessert glasses and garnish with chocolate and whipped cream.