Directions See How It's Made
- Place the coffee in a pan large enough to hold the pears snugly with the sugar and cinnamon and heat gently.
- Carefully peel the pears, leaving the stalks intact.
- Poach in the sweetened coffee for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the rum and allow the pears to cool in the coffee mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- Toserve, place the pear in a pretty, shallow glass dish or bowl and spoon over the coffee syrup.