Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
- pie dough (1 batch, enough for two-crust pie)
- 946.36 ml blueberries
- 19.71 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml lemon zest, grated
- 2.46 ml cinnamon, ground
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, ground
- 0.59 ml salt
- 29.58 ml margarine
- Have an 8-inch double crust pie shell ready.
- Sort, rinse and drain blueberries.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over berries.
- Combine sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Toss this mixture gently with the blueberries to coat well.
- Put berry mixture into pie shell; dot with margarine. Place second crust on top of pie, seal edges and cut 3 slashes in top to allow steam to escape. Bake in preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350°F and continue baking 30-35 minutes more. Cool pie before slicing.
- NOTES : This is an old fashioned pie recipe that is juicy, fragrant and delicious. It is important to use the freshest blueberries you can find.
This one takes blueberries and raises it to a new level. Absolutely the best I've ever made.
Very good. A little juicy--I'll probably add a little more flour next time I make it.