Recipe by babpd
this is exactly like the blue moon ice cream that can be found in northern michigan at kilwins. Its also the same that i used to have in the summers as a kid in the 70's. there isn't any pineapple or alcohol in this!!
Top Review by esmorrison1
This is an awesome recipe - the first time I made it, I had raspberry extract and it was absolutely perfect. This time, I used raspberries instead. The lemon flavor is slightly overwhelming. Next time I might lessen the amount of lemon extract (1/2 tsp) if using fresh raspberries.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon blue food coloring
- 3 teaspoons vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavored oil or 1 cup frozen raspberries, pureed
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavored oil or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- 1/2 Cup of milk scalded in pan.
- add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt. stir till dissolved.
- add 1/2 cup of half and half.
- add 11/2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- add vanilla, raspberry, lemon flavoring.
- add blue food coloring.
- chill in fridge till very cold.
- put in ice cream machine!