Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
mmmmmmmmm Comfort food. We love the Blue Moon Burgers at a local diner. But after finding a deep-fried fly in my french fries, I refuse to go back!! We prefer our burger patties with no "fillers," just the beef and the toppings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 large toasted hamburger buns
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- shaved onion (i prefer bermuda)
- Combine blue cheese and cream cheese and beat well.
- Set aside to give the flavors time to meld.
- Form the ground beef into 4 patties.
- Salt and pepper, if desired, and cook as desired (we grill EVERYTHING in Arizona!).
- When burgers are done, add 1/4 of the blue cheese mixture to the top of each burger.
- Top with a slice of jack cheese.
- Spread mayo on toasted buns.
- When jack cheese is somewhat"gooey," place burgers on buns.
- Add remaining toppings.
- Don't use ketchup!
- Ketchup and blue cheese do NOT go together!
I seasoned the beef with a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and a tablespoon of McCormick's Grill Master seasoning before forming into patties. The blue cheese/cream cheese mixture could be enough for 6 burgers, so I will adjust when I make these again. These are great for when you just have to have a big, cheesy, yummy burger. Very satisfying!
*Wonderful!* Used "Oregonzola" (a mild, creamy Gorgonzola made by Rogue Creamery) and added some crisp bacon. FABULOUS!
Delish! I've never had cream cheese on a burger before! It went perfectly with the blue cheese. We added a little bacon and topped them with lettuce and onion. Thanks!