Recipe by mary winecoff
This recipe uses those cute mini phyllo shells. It won $5000 for Gilda Lester from Wilmington NC. I love the mix of flavors from the blue cheese, prosciutto and walnuts. Quick and easy and no cooking required.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup bleu cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted, finely chopped
- 15 miniature phyllo cups
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted and chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, bleu cheese, butter, 1 Tablespoon chives and lemon juice until blended. Add prosciutto and walnuts and mix lightly.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe a rounded tablespoon of mix into each phyllo shell. Garnish with walnuts and reserved chives. Served immediately.