1/2 Photos of Blue Macaroni and Cheese
This is a great recipe for parties. It has a very different and unique flavor that just makes everyone happy. :) This is also great when you add hamburger meat to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g farfalle pasta (farfalle = bowtie) or 453.59 g elbow macaroni (farfalle = bowtie)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 314.66 ml milk
- 226.79-283.49 g munches cheese or 226.79-283.49 g monterey jack cheese or 226.79-283.49 g mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml blue cheese (I like Gorgonzola)
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 1Boil pasta to al dente in salted water, drain, and set aside with a lid to keep warm.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat, add the flour and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it smells nutty, stirring constantly.
- 3Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
- 5Stir into the pasta and serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 608.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g