This is a great recipe for parties. It has a very different and unique flavor that just makes everyone happy. :) This is also great when you add hamburger meat to it.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (farfalle = bowtie) or 1 lb elbow macaroni (farfalle = bowtie)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 8 -10 ounces munches cheese or 8 -10 ounces monterey jack cheese or 8 -10 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese (I like Gorgonzola)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Boil pasta to al dente in salted water, drain, and set aside with a lid to keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat, add the flour and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it smells nutty, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir into the pasta and serve.
This was a fantastic recipe. I followed the directions as listed.
Wonderful! I made this as written using the monterey jack cheese and used closer to 1 cup of blue cheese. The blue cheese made it a little tangy, but really did not overpower the sauce. My family never would have guessed there was blue cheese in this. The hot sauce added a slight kick, but again, not overpowering. Just cheesey and really tasty. Thanx for posting!
I absolutely love this recipe! My husband's favorite food is buffalo chicken so I try most recipes that contain a blue cheese/hot sauce combination. Turns out everyone like this one, not just the hubby. I prefer Frank's Hot Buffalo sauce over a regular hot sauce. The flavor is magnificent. I will be making this a lot.