- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked salmon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup smoked salmon, crumbled
- mushroom (sliced, sauteed) (optional)
- onion (sliced, sauteed) (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- capers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and evaporated milk until light in a bowl.
- Heat butter in a skillet and pour in the egg mixture.
- Roll eggs around the pan and cook until it starts to set up.
- Tip pan to the side and lift up the edges so the uncooked portion can slip under the set eggs.
- As eggs start to firm up, add the goodies like sautéed onion & mushrooms, chopped chives, and the crumbled smoked salmon.
- Fold over the egg mixture so you have a proper 1/2 circle omelet.
- Serving your omelet with sour cream and chives is a nice choice.
- Portions vary based on richness and amount of salmon used.
- Good served with sourdough bread, toasted.