Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Blue Heron Bed & Breakfast at Glacier Bay, Gustavus, Alaska. I'm guessing at the number of servings.
- Beat eggs and evaporated milk until light in a bowl.
- Heat butter in a skillet and pour in the egg mixture.
- Roll eggs around the pan and cook until it starts to set up.
- Tip pan to the side and lift up the edges so the uncooked portion can slip under the set eggs.
- As eggs start to firm up, add the goodies like sautéed onion & mushrooms, chopped chives, and the crumbled smoked salmon.
- Fold over the egg mixture so you have a proper 1/2 circle omelet.
- Serving your omelet with sour cream and chives is a nice choice.
- Portions vary based on richness and amount of salmon used.
- Good served with sourdough bread, toasted.
Super yummy omelette! I used the optional sour cream and capers and probably more lox.
I used 2 eggs for one serve and used a garnish of sour cream and some extra smoked salmon (for me smoked salmon and sour cream are marriage made in heaven), had to omit the chives as our recent hot weather has took it toll on the herb garden but enjoyed the creaminess of the evaporated milk, thank you lazyme for a great breakfast were every mouthful was thoroughly enjoyed, made for Went To Market tag game.