I found this recipe online, the Blue Heaven is a fantastic Key West restaurant that I used to frequent, eat outside with roosters running around you, a great tire swing in the yard...it's a kind of eclectic (young hippy-like) restaurant with award winning gourmet chefs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This is an edited version of the original, but oh so yum! I used some Swanson's fat free broth vs. wine, mainly because it's what I had, and I added the capers because I like them!
- 2The trick is to use a VERY HOT pan to sear the scallops. I used the large sea scallops and I sprayed the pan with cooking spray first. Then you quickly add the garlic. When done quickly, it browns the scallops slightly and thus you get a brownish sauce to go along.
- 3Add the tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, capers which will cool down the pan so the scallops and garlic stop cooking.
- 4Cook for just a minute, add the wine or broth, stir it up to get the scrapings into the sauce (like clarifying?) and simmer for a minute or two.
- 5Remove from heat and add the butter slice, swirl it to finish the sauce.
- 6This is some good stuff fit for a very special occasion. I served with shrimp scampi, asparagus with hollandaise, and garlic bread which was a great way to enjoy all those flavors as dipping sauces.
Nutritional Facts for Blue Heaven Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 415.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 40.5 g