1/1 Photo of Blue Heaven Banana Pancakes
Tropical Texan's Note:
This is my version of the banana pancakes from Blue Heaven in Key West, FL. I've eaten there so many times and miss their delicious pancakes. It's not their exact recipe, obviously, but I think I got the flavor and texture almost exactly right!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- chopped walnuts (I like to toast them first) (optional) or pecans (I like to toast them first) (optional)
- 1Beat egg until fluffy. Add milk and oil/melted butter. Add vanilla.
- 2In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- 3Take bananas out of skin and cut into very small pieces (1/2"). They do not have to be perfect, and do not worry about then getting a bit "mashed".
- 4Add dry ingredients gradually to egg mixture.
- 5Add cut bananas (and toasted nuts, optional).
- 6In a non-stick 8-10" skillet, heat pan to medium. Pan is ready when water dances on surface.
- 7Pour batter in pan using ladle or pitcher, forming a pancake approx 4-5" wide.
- 8When the edges start looking a little "matte" and the pancake is bubbly, flip. When you see steam start "wisping" from the edges of the pancake, it is done.
- 9Top with syrup (mix ingredients above and heat in microwave for 30-45 seconds), whipped cream, or more bananas and nuts.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Heaven Banana Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1083.9
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 1226.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 203.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 130.3 g
- Protein 13.9 g