Recipe by Wing-Man
This is a recipe from a local Tex-Mex restaurant in Addison TX. Blue Goose has high ratings for their food.
Top Review by redheadz45
Since I had never made salsa in this manner... same badic recipe with a few twists, but grilled??? In honor of Cinco de Mayo yesterday, we followed this salsa recipe as written and result was a standout. Thank you for sharing.
- 10 tomatoes, core removed (small to medium)
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
the chile con queso
- 1 lb processed cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh salsa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- The Salsa.
- Place the tomatoes and the jalapenos on a baking sheet and broil on each side for a total of about 15 minutes until cooked.
- Allowing them to turn a little black will add a smokier taste. This is the step that can also be done on your barbeque grill.
- Place the cooked tomatoes and jalapenos in the blender along with the garlic cloves.
- You may have to add tomatoes to blender a few at a time depending on size of the cup and tomato size.
- Pour blender contents into a large mixing bowl. Stir in onion and cilantro. Add salt to taste.
- The Chile Con Queso.
- Start by heating the milk and salsa over medium heat.
- Slowly stir in cubed cheese.
- Stir continuously until all cheese is melted.