Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is the signature drink of The Blue Ginger restaurant in Wellesley, Mass. which is owned by Ming Tsai.
- 3 ounces vodka, well chilled
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces ginger syrup (recipe follows)
- lime wedge, for garnish
Ginger Syrup Recipe
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh ginger, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 cups water
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with lime wedge.
- For the ginger syrup:.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine sugar, ginger and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until syrupy and reduced by half, about 40 to 45 minutes. Strain ginger pieces out and reserve syrup.
- (Trick: toss dried ginger in sugar, bake at 200 degrees until dried thru, about 4 hours and voila-ginger candy).
I love this recipe. If only for the Ginger Syrup recipe it would get five stars. I use Gin in my Blue Gimlets sometimes. Excellent drink!! Oh, you don't mention it but a few drops of blue food coloring is nice in the syrup. It instantly marks it as the ginger syrup in my pantry. I have used it for upset tummies too. It works and the children don't fight taking it. Thank you, again.