Recipe by startnover
A must make, extremely addictive and hard to stop eating. This is requested often.
Top Review by barbie66
This is probably the best crab dip ever! I would give 10 stars if I could...The instructions were a little bit abiguous, so I improvised. I added one large clove of garlic to the green onions...Also added a splash of sherry to the white wine...Used 2 tbs of horseradish ground mustard, and I did not have liquid crab boil on hand, but looking at the ingredients, used 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning which is essentially the same. Try this, you will not be disappointed! Thanks so much for sharing, Homegirl! --Marla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple juice or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon diced roma tomato
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon liquid crab boil seasoning
- 2 dashes ground mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fold all ingredients together except 1 T Parmesan cheese.
- spread evenly into oven proof baking dish.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and broil till top is slightly browned.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve with Tortilla chips or toasted sourdough baguettes.
- For a little more zing we add extra (about another 1 t) crab boil, be careful--it can add quite a kick!