Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious blue cornmeal pancake!
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup blue cornmeal
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk or 1 1⁄4 cups lactose-free milk
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, blue cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter, mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle to 400 degrees F or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
These pancakes are truly delicious, and EASY! They make great waffles too! Gladly eaten by those who are also not Gluten Free. I've tried many Gluten Free pancake recipes, and these are at the top of my list!