Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe from my "California Sizzles" cookbook which says these are particularly good with a Mexican brunch or dinner. They can also be made in miniature muffin tins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blue cornmeal (yellow may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup canned corn kernel, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk, butter and honey. Gently stir in the corn and cilantro.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg-milk mixture. Stir just until well blended. Spoon batter into well-buttered and floured madeleine pans, filling each shell 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 6 minutes. Invert pan over wire rack and tap to release madeleines. Serve warm.