1/1 Photo of Blue Corn Muffins
Spicy blue corn muffins - delicious! Recipe is easily doubled, and they freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 -2 poblano peppers or 1 -2 anaheim chili, roasted,peeled,seeded and chopped (about 1/2-1 cup)
- 3/4 cup cooked corn (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup blue cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; grease a 12-muffin tin very well with butter.
- 2With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar; add the eggs and chopped peppers.
- 3Add the cheeses, flour, cornmeal, baking powder, ancho, garlic, salt, milk, and corn (if using), and mix until blended (do not over-mix).
- 4Pour the dough into the tin, dividing the portions evenly between the 12 muffins.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean; turn the muffins out to cool.
- 6Makes 12 muffins.
- 7Note: some people like corn muffins sweeter, so feel free to add more sugar to taste; jalapeno peppers are also good in this recipe, use as much as you like for the level of spiciness you prefer.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.6
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.5 mg
- Sodium 209.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g