Recipe by ellie_
Yellow cornmeal can be substituted for the Blue corn meal. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 2005)
Top Review by Outta Here
Great recipe. They were delicious with a bowl of chili. I might cut the amount of sugar a bit nest time, but that is a personal taste. I got 24 instead of 30, but my madeleine pan is bigger than most, I think. Well be making these again and will try the yellow cornmeal too.
- 1 cup blue cornmeal (or yellow cornmeal)
- 1 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter madeleine molds and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (cornmeal - salt).
- Stir in milk, egg and butter.
- Working in batching and cooling molds between batches, spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each prepared madeleine mold.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until madeleine is golden brown on the bottom.
- Turn out onto rack to cool completely.