1/1 Photo of Blue Corn Feta Taquitos
Wow, do these sound good! I bet they would still be good with an unfried corn tortilla like a soft taco. Or fry the tortilla like a taco instead of a taquito. If you can't find blue use white or yellow corn tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced medium
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced medium
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced medium
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 blue corn tortillas
- oil, for frying (4 cups)
- 1In a medium bowl place first 7 ingredients up to lemon juice. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- 2In a medium saute pan place 1/4 cup oil and heat to medium hot. Fry each tortilla for 15 seconds, or until softened. Drain on paper towels or paper bags.
- 3In a large, heavy pan place 4 cups of oil and heat over high heat until very hot. Loosely roll each tortilla and deep-fry it for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towels or paper bags.
- 4Stuff reserved vegetable mixture inside each tortilla. Cut the taquitos in half, crosswise.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Corn Feta Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 70.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g