1/1 Photo of Blue Corn Feta Taquitos
Wow, do these sound good! I bet they would still be good with an unfried corn tortilla like a soft taco. Or fry the tortilla like a taco instead of a taquito. If you can't find blue use white or yellow corn tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced medium
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced medium
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced medium
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 blue corn tortillas
- oil, for frying (4 cups)
- 1In a medium bowl place first 7 ingredients up to lemon juice. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- 2In a medium saute pan place 1/4 cup oil and heat to medium hot. Fry each tortilla for 15 seconds, or until softened. Drain on paper towels or paper bags.
- 3In a large, heavy pan place 4 cups of oil and heat over high heat until very hot. Loosely roll each tortilla and deep-fry it for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towels or paper bags.
- 4Stuff reserved vegetable mixture inside each tortilla. Cut the taquitos in half, crosswise.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Corn Feta Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 70.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g