Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
As with most muffins, these are great served warm with butter.
Make and share this Blue Corn Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preaheat oven to 400°F And grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, vegetable oil and buttermilk. Pour into flour mixture and mix until almost combined.
- Add the blueberries and stir to distribute.
- Evenly divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffin springs back when gently pressed.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
I just made these for breakfast and I am really pleased with the way these turned out! They have beautiful blue color and the recipe is perfect for company. I 've been searching for quick starter muffin for guests and I think this is it. Please note that I used powdered buttermilk and I had to increase the bake time to 18.5 minutes. I figure it's because I'm at a higher altitude; next time I'll add an extra two tablespoons of flour. Yum!
I made these for my girlfriend and her nine children for breakfast on the morning they were relocating house up to the mountains (I doubled the mixture). I kept a couple for myself and they were very moist and soft, and a very pretty hue. Will be making them again.