Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
As with most muffins, these are great served warm with butter.
Make and share this Blue Corn Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preaheat oven to 400°F And grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, vegetable oil and buttermilk. Pour into flour mixture and mix until almost combined.
- Add the blueberries and stir to distribute.
- Evenly divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffin springs back when gently pressed.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
I just made these for breakfast and I am really pleased with the way these turned out! They have beautiful blue color and the recipe is perfect for company. I 've been searching for quick starter muffin for guests and I think this is it. Please note that I used powdered buttermilk and I had to increase the bake time to 18.5 minutes. I figure it's because I'm at a higher altitude; next time I'll add an extra two tablespoons of flour. Yum!
I made these for my girlfriend and her nine children for breakfast on the morning they were relocating house up to the mountains (I doubled the mixture). I kept a couple for myself and they were very moist and soft, and a very pretty hue. Will be making them again.