Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an appetizer served at my favorite wine bar, Murray's.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 12 -15 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup shrimp, the little salad kind
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices.
- Sprinkle the shrimp and the blue cheese on each slice.
- Cover each slice with provel.
- Broil until provel is melted and bread is heated through.
This is absolutely the best bread I have ever tasted. I love the food here, best French Dip ever. I must admit the Blue Chips cheese Bread is the greatest. People come from all around to taste his treat. Crummy weather here but great food.
Murry's is also our favorite restaurant in Columbia, and this recipe is very close to their Blue Chips Cheese Bread. We absolutely love it and have it often. The provel cheese is hard to find, but it is a must, to make the bread authentic Murry's bread. This is a must try recipe for anyone who loves cheesy bread!