Recipe by evelyn/athens
OK, there's a blue cheese sauce over these chicken breasts - what WERE you thinking?
Top Review by CURLEYBERLEY
This was so good. I was afraid the sauce might be overwhelming but it wasn't at all. I think next time I will double the sauce ingredients only because we like a lot of sauce.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt or 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely minced chives or 4 tablespoons green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash chicken well and dry.
- Combine herbs, salt and lots of freshly-crushed black pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with seasonings.
- In non-stick skillet, melt butter and brown chicken on both sides.
- Place the browned chicken in a baking dish just large enough to hold it in one layer.
- In same skillet, sauté the garlic.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting, add the blue cheese and the yoghurt (or sour cream), and stir until well blended.
- Spoon sauce over chicken; cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover; add chives (or green onions) and cook 5 additional minutes.
- Serve over rice with sauce from casserole.