OK, there's a blue cheese sauce over these chicken breasts - what WERE you thinking?
Make and share this Blue Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt or 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely minced chives or 4 tablespoons green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash chicken well and dry.
- Combine herbs, salt and lots of freshly-crushed black pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with seasonings.
- In non-stick skillet, melt butter and brown chicken on both sides.
- Place the browned chicken in a baking dish just large enough to hold it in one layer.
- In same skillet, sauté the garlic.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting, add the blue cheese and the yoghurt (or sour cream), and stir until well blended.
- Spoon sauce over chicken; cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover; add chives (or green onions) and cook 5 additional minutes.
- Serve over rice with sauce from casserole.
This was so good. I was afraid the sauce might be overwhelming but it wasn't at all. I think next time I will double the sauce ingredients only because we like a lot of sauce.
Really good! We didn't serve it over rice though, just ate it right from the pan, with the yummy blue cheese sauce spooned on top! Thanks! Made for ZWT3.
This is definitely a keeper! The only thing I did differently was to deglaze the pan with a little white wine after sauteing the garlic. I served with rice and asparagus and it was great, though my DH would like it with pasta next time :-) and double sauce! Thanks!!! Update: We had the leftovers with pasta and the sauce had a great macaroni and blue cheese effect!