1/1 Photo of Blue Chicken Breasts
1 hr 10 mins
OK, there's a blue cheese sauce over these chicken breasts - what WERE you thinking?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt or 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely minced chives or 4 tablespoons green onions
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Wash chicken well and dry.
- 3Combine herbs, salt and lots of freshly-crushed black pepper.
- 4Sprinkle chicken pieces with seasonings.
- 5In non-stick skillet, melt butter and brown chicken on both sides.
- 6Place the browned chicken in a baking dish just large enough to hold it in one layer.
- 7In same skillet, sauté the garlic.
- 8Reduce heat to lowest setting, add the blue cheese and the yoghurt (or sour cream), and stir until well blended.
- 9Spoon sauce over chicken; cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- 10Remove cover; add chives (or green onions) and cook 5 additional minutes.
- 11Serve over rice with sauce from casserole.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 658.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: