Recipe by Rita~
OK arugula lovers this ones for you! If not you can use spinach. I've also added fresh slices of clementines and or raspberries. Yummy my mouth is watering!
Top Review by EmilyStrikesAgain
Very good and very simple. I love arugula, it has such a unique taste, and it paired well with the blue cheese. The walnuts were an especially nice touch to give it extra, unexpected flavor and texture. Plus it looks really sophisticated! I will definitely be making this again.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 bunches arugula, stems removed, well rinsed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- caramelized onion, Caramelized Onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a container mix olive oil, vinegar, and garlic; give a shake and set aside.
- Adjust your oil vinegar ratio to your liking.
- Arrange arugula leaves and basil on on a plate.
- Top with cheese, nuts, and caramelized onions.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper.