Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
OK arugula lovers this ones for you! If not you can use spinach. I've also added fresh slices of clementines and or raspberries. Yummy my mouth is watering!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 bunches arugula, stems removed, well rinsed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- caramelized onion, Caramelized Onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a container mix olive oil, vinegar, and garlic; give a shake and set aside.
- Adjust your oil vinegar ratio to your liking.
- Arrange arugula leaves and basil on on a plate.
- Top with cheese, nuts, and caramelized onions.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper.
Very good and very simple. I love arugula, it has such a unique taste, and it paired well with the blue cheese. The walnuts were an especially nice touch to give it extra, unexpected flavor and texture. Plus it looks really sophisticated! I will definitely be making this again.
This one is a keeper! DH loved everything about it! Thanks for sharing.
Rita, I loved this salad! So few ingredients results in so many different flavors, it was fabulous. I used some Newman's Organic Herb Mix in place of the arugula and kept everything else the same. Also, I used your Caramelized Onions #51649 recipe for the onions. I never realized walnuts and pine nuts go so well together! Just fabulous, thanks so much for posting this :)