Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Great with wine, hearty beer, and robust cheeses.
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut in pieces, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Mix in flour and walnuts throughly.
- Form into a log about 2" in diameter and 12" long.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 drgrees.
- Cut log into slices 1/4" thick.
- Place sliced 1/2" apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Watch closely.
- Bake just until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight containers.