Recipe by chia
i got this recipe from chef to chef and edited it :) great party food. make this a day in advance for full flavor.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb maytag blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fresh chevre cheese (goat cheese)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallion
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cumin, salt, cardamom and pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and saute until light brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar; saute until sugar melts and turns light amber.
- Remove from the heat; toss nuts with spice mixture. Cool.
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 pound blue cheese, chevre, cream cheese and butter; puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; fold in brandy and scallions. Mix parsley and chives in a separate bowl.
- Oil a skinny terrine mold and line with plastic wrap. Pipe a third of the cheese mixture into the bottom of mold and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with a third of the remaining blue cheese, a third of the spiced nuts and a third of the parsley-chive mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate overnight.