Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is my sister's and my own creation. It features blue cheese and cream cheese and has a wee bit of sweetness as well as an element of surprise to it. We hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did! :)
- 100 g cream cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 50 g blue cheese, crumbled (I used a rather strong one, but you can choose your favourite)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple syrup or 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (if you toast them theyll come through more)
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, blue cheese and maple syrup using a fork.
- Stir in seasonings and chopped nuts.
- Serve with pear or apple slices and crackers.
A very nice blend of flavors! I used about 1/3 cup toasted walnuts to 4 ounces cream cheese and 2 ounces Gorgonzola, and I added a dash of salt! This spread was served with raw sweet potato sticks. Tagged for Summer Photo Swap 2012.
Yummy good! I scaled the recipe down and kind of eyeballed the measurements. I had with whole wheat Ritz crackers. Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap Feb. 2013.