Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not actually tried this salad yet. I got the recipe in a newsletter from Land O'Lakes. It looks really good and I am a big blue cheese fan so thought I would post it here for safe keeping until I can try it. When I do I'll let you know what I think of it! Cook time does not reflect chill time of 2 hours.
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, washed, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- walnut halves, if desired
- fresh parsley leaves, if desired
- Bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to full boil in 3-quart saucepan; add potatoes. Cook over high heat until potatoes are fork tender (15 to 20 minutes). Drain; rinse with cold water. Cool slightly; cut into small wedges.
- Combine cooked potatoes, green onions, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup parsley and blue cheese in large bowl.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients except walnut halves and parsley leaves in small bowl. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Garnish with walnut halves and parsley leaves, if desired.