Recipe by KelBel
These savory stuffed mushrooms can be prepared ahead and then reheated prior to serving. The blue cheese, apple and walnut filling is very tasty.
Top Review by KLBoyle
These were really good but way on the blue cheesy side for me, and I love blue cheese. I think it just may have been the type or brand of cheese I used. Next time I think I may do 2 oz. of blue cheese and 2 oz. of cream cheese to cut the flavor a bit. But I will definitely try them again, thanks!
- 18 large white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pop the stems out of the mushrooms and transfer caps to a medium bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange caps, stem side down, on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until mushrooms begin to release water. Remove caps from oven and cool.
- In a food processor, finely chop walnuts and dried apples. Add butter and blue cheese and pulse to blend.
- Wrap the cheese filling in Saran Wrap and chill for 15 minutes. Scoop out heaping teaspoon sized portions of filling and lightly roll into balls.
- Press a ball into the cavity of each cooled mushroom cap. Arrange filled caps on a baking tray, filled side up.
- Before serving, return caps to hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Mushrooms can be prepared and stuffed 24-hours in advance and simply heated to serve.