These savory stuffed mushrooms can be prepared ahead and then reheated prior to serving. The blue cheese, apple and walnut filling is very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Pop the stems out of the mushrooms and transfer caps to a medium bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Arrange caps, stem side down, on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until mushrooms begin to release water. Remove caps from oven and cool.
- 4In a food processor, finely chop walnuts and dried apples. Add butter and blue cheese and pulse to blend.
- 5Wrap the cheese filling in Saran Wrap and chill for 15 minutes. Scoop out heaping teaspoon sized portions of filling and lightly roll into balls.
- 6Press a ball into the cavity of each cooled mushroom cap. Arrange filled caps on a baking tray, filled side up.
- 7Before serving, return caps to hot oven for 5 minutes.
- 8Mushrooms can be prepared and stuffed 24-hours in advance and simply heated to serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese & Walnut Mushroom Caps
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.6
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 296.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g