Recipe by Derf
These are great to have ready in the fridge for "drop ins", (have some waiting there now), Stick them in the oven, remove to serving tray and top with a thin slice of tart apple, serve immediately. or use in place of crackers, top with almost anything you like! (Better homes and gardens)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut in cheese and butter with a pastry blender till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts and egg yolks.
- Stir till combined.
- Form mixture into ball, knead till mixture clings together.
- Divide dough in half, shape each half into a log 9 inches long.
- Wrap logs in blastic wrap, chill at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each log into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place slices 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or till bottoms and edges are golden brown.
- Transfer to wire racks.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make ahead, store tightly covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week.